Turn those long summer days into a memorable project by inviting your child to create a summer scrapbook! He can write poems, include pictures and share all his special summer memories! Encourage him to describe his summer using adjectives like sunny, fun, etc.
- Tag board
- Hole punch
- White paper
- Letter stamps or stickers
What You Do:
- Invite your child to find a piece of tag board or re-purpose a piece of cardboard for making the front and back cover of his summer scrapbook.
- Now he can use a ruler to measure and then cut the front and back cover for his summer scrapbook.
- To create the pages for his summer scrapbook he can use some white paper, measured and cut the same size as his front and back cover. He can decide how many pages he would like his scrapbook to have.
- Now he can use the hole punch to create holes along the topsides of his book, making sure they all line up!
- Offer your child a length of twine or string to use for binding his summer scrapbooks. All books have some sort of binding, or way to hold or fasten the book together. Otherwise, his scrapbook pages would all come out! He can experiment with weaving his twine in and out of his holes to create an interesting design and then tie a double knot when finished.
- Now your child can use letter stamps, stickers and paint to decorate the front of his summer scrapbook!
Encourage him to carry her summer scrapbook with him to document all the wonderful things that happen during his summer!